Filed Under Social Marketing
Many business owners know that it can take time to build up a lot of traffic through social media. In order to boost your results, you need to make a plan and stick to it. When you know how social media works, you can establish a plan that will give you more consistent results from your social networking efforts.
These are eight things that you can do in order to improve your success right away. Decide which ones you can easily implement and get started.
1. Cut back on the number of social media sites you are on. If you are trying to maintain an active presence on a dozen or more social networking sites, you could be wasting your efforts and your time. Don’t spend all of your energy networking this way. You’ll only end up with lackluster results. Instead, choose a handful of sites that best suit you and give them your attention, including one or two that are focused on your niche.
2. Generate post ideas. You want to have content for your blog or website that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. Sit down and come up with a list of potential blog post or article writing ideas. This will give you a place to go when you feel stumped in your writing.
3. Good posting is about quality instead of quantity. You might be under the impression that it is best to have a new blog post every day. Unless you are able to write stellar content on that kind of schedule, don’t put yourself through that stress! Your readers will be happier to wait a few days for a fantastic post rather than get a daily dose of mediocre musings.
4. Concentrate on post readability. Many blog readers, and especially social media visitors, will only give your posts a scan instead of a word-for-word read through. To make your posts more reader-friendly, make sure that the content is broken up into smaller paragraphs, use sub headers, and throw in a bullet list or two. Readers also like content that is broken up with images and pictures.
5. Vote for others. A lot of bloggers only use social media as a way to promote their own sites. This is not the way to gain fans. If you are consistently pushing for your own content but snubbing others, you aren’t going to see better results. People will notice this behavior and it will show you in a negative light. Instead, take part in the community and start voting for others. This is the best way to have the votes come back your way.
6. Take part in a voting co-op. There are groups of bloggers out there who are happy to vote for each other’s’ content on social media sites. If you can’t find a group, reach out to a few bloggers who also write in your niche topic and ask them to become part of a group with you. Be sure to only vote for quality content in order to protect your reputation.
7. Install voting buttons on your blog. Decide which sites are the most beneficial to you and include their button on your page. This allows readers to immediately take action and share or vote for your posts through whichever social network they use.
8. Make use of the tools out there. There are a number of tools and resources out there that can help save you time. These will keep you from wasting away in front of the computer screen. You can hire a ghostwriter to do your writing or an article marketer to post your content online for you. These things can help you streamline your social media strategy.
What have you done to boost your results in social media? Have any of these tips been helpful to you? Share with us!